Follow Me on Flickr

www.flickr.com
Sadie Jewelry Design's items Go to Sadie Jewelry Design's photostream

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Finally Made Something!

So i've ordered tons of new beads and supplies and I finally sat down and put some items together.  I decided to throw some elements here on the blog and then show what I made with the elements.  I had some really cute hearts that I thought would make really cute pendants or earrings.



So below are the elements I planned on using.  The little red heart has green, yellow and red as the main colors.  I thought i'd add some yellow flower beads, some pressed glass tiny red beads and some green  jade flowers.  I planned on attaching the red glass heart to the handmade steel heart.  But alas, plans don't always go the way you want.  Turns out that the red heart is not drilled through so there went my plan.  I decided to make a larger heart to stand on it's own.



Please accept my apologies for the poor quality of the photos but i think you can get the gist of how I put the necklace together.  What do you think?  I made another steel heart and used some gold antique gold color patina on it to make it stand out a little more.  I love the Vintaj patina's!  So easy to use.  If I can do it so can anyone else.







The pic below is a little better.  All the junk in the background are supplies, beads and lots of other stuff.  This unfortunately is the way my work tables always look.  I clean it up and the next time i'm in my little studio I mess it up again.  Just messy I guess and plus I have so much jewelry stuff I haven't found a good system of organization yet.  Still looking though.

I decided to try my hand at making my own heart and I have to say I think it came out really cute.  I'm still attached to my paints so I used Vintaj gold patina to spice my little hand made heart.  Okay, enough talk.  First i'll show the different elements i had to work with and then i'll show what I made.  And before you see the pics they aren't that great.  Will take some beter pics when I list the piece.

The clasp has not been done yet but i'll finish it today and list it in my Etsy shop later today.  If you want to take a look at it finished stop by my shop here.

I've made some other items and will get the pics done soon so I can list them.

No comments:

Post a Comment