Follow Me on Flickr

www.flickr.com
Sadie Jewelry Design's items Go to Sadie Jewelry Design's photostream

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

New Listings

So I finally took some halfway decent pics of some of the new items i've made and listed them in my etsy shop here.


So this first necklace is made with those elements I showed in an earlier post.  Except for the red heart i was going to use.  I made my own version of a heart using steel wire and patina.  I love the colors now but I didn't want it to turn out looking christmasy.


Here you can see the back of the necklace.  I used a brass lobster claw and wire guards to help protect the wire from wear.  I purposely used different types of metals (mixed).  I used brass and some silver plate and steel.   I really like how it turned out.





I tried some editing of the pics with iphoto.  Not really liking the first pic but you can see the different colors in the earrings.  I purposely used 2 different shades of beads in these earrings.  The beads are really pretty faceted agates.  The ear wires were hand made by me in an exaggerated shape.
These earrings are 3 inches long.  They really stand out and are very swingy.










This necklace is 20.5 inches including the pendant.  The pendant is called Korean jade and it's strung on steel wire and there is a brass chain that holds the little glass crystal heart.
Again this editing is sad but i'm learning ya'll!


 I love that I tried something out of the box for me.  I really am getting into using different fibers.  I bought 2 books a while ago and I have been going through them.

One book called Jewelry Designs from Nature by Heather Powers is filled with different techniques that i'm dying to try.  The other book is called Rustic Wrappings by Kerry Bogert and she uses fibers and she also gives recipes for making your own patina's and using different types of wire.  It's fantastic. I got both these books from amazon.  Check them out if you dare.  You'll begin to have all kinds of creative thoughts.




So I fulfilled my goal for this week--2 items made and listed!  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment