Follow Me on Flickr

www.flickr.com
Sadie Jewelry Design's items Go to Sadie Jewelry Design's photostream

Friday, April 26, 2013

Kitchen Nightmares and Some New Jewelry

So I haven't posted anything in a long while.  Busy with diy kitchen remodel.  Never knew that painting smaller items is such a pain.  Good thing I never wanted to be a painter! Would a been horrible!  Anyway I did make some jewelry but most is not finished.

So, i'm posting a cute bib style necklace I made with some really funky acrylic beads that a friend of mine picked up and said  "here-these look like something you'd buy".  And she was right.  Here's the necklace:









 Here's a close up below of the beads.  I really like them.  They look summery and playful.





Then I made this bracelet and I think it's interesting.  The black beads are some i've had forever and they're marble.  Always disliked them but with the bright green beads I love the look.  I was proud of it but then I put it on and it's not comfortable to wear.  Sorry about the awful pic but it's the best I could do at midnight!




Then there's this necklace below.  I absolutely love it and it decided it wanted to live with me forever.  I used three different beads to put it together.  I've been wearing it all week and I love it!  The beads are weird like I like them and the pendant is a vintage (old) piece that I got at a thrift store.  I painted it with some vintaj patina paint and voila! a pendant.  I took some sandpaper and sanded it places so it would look older than it is.  I received a lot of compliments on it and was even asked where I got it!  Love it when that happens.






So anyway back to painting cabinets.  Have a wonderful weekend everybody.




No comments:

Post a Comment