Follow Me on Flickr

www.flickr.com
Sadie Jewelry Design's items Go to Sadie Jewelry Design's photostream

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Something New!


I decided to set myself some goals in this new year.  Some goals that I can't ignore.  I set one goal low

so I won't disappoint myself and that is to complete at least 2 pieces every week and to list in my etsy

shop 1-2 times per week.  Hopefully I can do this.  I don't want to put a lot of pressure on cause then I

get down right angry about it and do nothing.  I know---I need help.


Anyway while i'm thinking about what item to do for a blog give away I thought i'd show some new

earrings that I made.  I'm obsessed with all the new paint for metals.  I decided to try it out and made the

 earrings below.  They still need some work but hopefully by this evening i'll have finished and will list

them in my etsy shop this week.  I apologize for the poor pics but it was spur of the moment.





I painted these with Vintaj patina for all metals.  The stampings themselves were painted with a color

called verdigris and then I put on some victorian gold for the tops and for some little bumps in the

metal.  The paint dries fast but you really need to let it set overnight to be sure.  I plan on doing another

coat of the paints today and then will bring down the color with a generous coating of wax to seal the

finish.  I used red glass crystals strung on waxed linen.  They hang from hand made steel ear wires

which were also sealed with wax to prevent rust.  I really love them!  What do you think?

That's all for now.  I will be deciding what jewelry piece to give away on the blog later today.  So please stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment